- Versatile and easy growing
- Recommended for very warm season cultivation
- Grows well in hot and tropical conditions
- Compact and uniform heads – medium to dark green
- Moderate Tip Burn resistance
- Bolt tolerant.
Medium sizeVanguard type for warm season production. Ideally the variety needs to be grown in the warmest part of the growing season for best results. Heatmaster is very uniform and has excellent tolerance to Tip Burn and bolting.
This variety is for growers needing more size in warm season production. Holyfield is capable of producing a larger head size than industry standards yet maintaining a short core and tip burn tolerance. Trials have shown suitability to processing due to increased head weights through warmer temperatures.
- Very slow bolting, Summer plant
- Thick clusters of light green, blistered, frilled leaves
- Can be harvested as whole head or just pluck the outer leaves off letting the plant continue to grow
- Matures in 42 – 45 days.